Subject: Re: Getting Floppies for
From: Chrysolithos <[email-masked]>
To: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 12:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

I remember reading that newtek would release the 1.0 flyer with floppies
as well as cd-rom.  So I did not buy one as I am on a tight budjet (i.e. 
dead broke) Then I got a letter from Newtek saying if I did not buy the
just out 1.0 version, I would loose my pre-book price privilage (I am
still waiting for my $500 rebate.  Hello NEWTEK!  Hint, hint.) OK, I
figured that was fair.  So I plunked down the rest of the cost flyer only
to find out that 1.0 (as it was called then) had already been recalled and
I got stuck with .9, which came on cd-rom only.  I was starting to get
that sinking feeling.  I did not have any money to buy a/v drives or a 
cd-rom drive, so I waited for 1.0 to be released.  When a box labeled VT 
4.0 arrived, a letter inside (from Tim Jenson, no less) proclaimed this 
to be FlYer 1.0, but as a cd-rom and floppie install. Lame-o-rama, I 
thought to myself.  Finaly, a month ago, I got the jake to buy some 
drives, which, since I had waited were faster (Hi-fiving write guys), 
cheeper, and had the latest firmware. I also got an external CD-rom from 
a mail order outfit that needs to learn how to pack hardware for 
shipping.  The first CD drive arrived a week late and in many pieces. the 
second time they shipped a so-called new cd drive, it was slightly 
dammaged, and the internal audio connector to the two rca jacks on the 
back was the wrong type.  And the termination resistors were still 
installed inside the drive case.  But it worked fine as a drive. So I 
installed 4.06 freshly DLed from the NewTek FTP site (Thank you very 
much, NewTek.), and my Flyer works great. No sttttuturing or dropped 
frames so far.  An awesome product!  So I was forced to buy a cdrom 
drive. Big whup!  A trivial expense, compared to the power of a functioning 
NLE that actualy works.  
(End of whining)

 ___________________________________________________________________
|           Christopher McDonell             |                      |
|      Chrysolithos Video Productions        | "We do our best work |
|--------------------------------------------+   in the dark, like  |
|      Specializing in Medical Simulations   |    Count Chocula."   |     
|      (206) 743-2789    [email-masked]   |                      |        
`--------------------------------------------^----------------------'

--
Chrysolithos <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]